Thing to Do in New Orleans as a Guest of Magnolia Mansion
Ways to Enjoy the Big Easy.
Most Major Attractions are within 5 – 10 Minutes of Magnolia Mansion
- Elope With The One You Love & Fall in love all over again in the Most Romantic City in America
- Stay in a Romantic Bed & Breakfast & Sit On the Veranda With a Bottle of Wine.
- Have a romantic dinning experience at one of our many wonderful restaurants.
- Nothing say "I Love You " like a Mardi Gras Parade on Valentines Day.
- Spend Valentine's Day behind the Scenes of Mardi Gras...Visit our Museums.
- Long Walks Holding Hands ... New Orleans is a Walking City...Experience the History, Legends & Folklore of a Professional Walking Tour.
- Find Romance around every corner of the Crescent City.
- Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder...Visit Our Art & Photo Galleries & Take Home the Memory Captured Through the Eyes of an Artist.
- Dance & Listen to the Great Music of New Orleans.
- Take A Jazz & Dinner Cruise Along the Mississippi River.
- Visit Our Historic Plantation's...an innate part of Louisiana's Past.
- Stroll Thru Our Beloved Cemeteries...The Cities Of The Dead...They Are Hauntingly Romantic.
- Take a Walk on the Wild Side... Spend a Day at the Zoo & the Aquarium of the Americas.
- Gamble on Love... Luck Will More Than Likely Be On Your Side.
- Get Engaged
- One Day Cooking School
- Get Married
- Street Car Ride
- Shop 'Til You Drop: River Walk, Magazine Street, The French Quarter
- Pharmacy Museum
- New Orleans Fair Grounds
- New Orleans Arena
- Saenger Theater
- Municipal Auditorium
- Antique Shopping
- Harrah's Casino
- New Orleans Convention Center
- Take a horse and carriage ride
Cemetary, Voodoo &
Mississippi Riverboat Cruises
Recommended Favorite Tours
New Orleans Is Famous For More Than Just Bourbon Street
Mardi Gras World Tours See the Mardi Gras floats of years gone by.
Tours by Isabelle – Spend a day exploring the beautiful southern plantations with expert tour guides in an informative and relaxed environment. Small groups or private tours in comfortable & clean vehicles. "We’ll make you fall in love with Louisiana. MOST RECOMMENDED.
The Haunted History Tours – Highly recommended! "More Than Just A Tour… It’s An Event!" HAUNTED HISTORY'S GARDEN DISTRICT GHOSTS & LEGENDS highlights Magnolia Mansion’s resident ghosts. Learn why footsteps are heard on the roof of the Magnolia Mansion during stormy nights. Other suggested tours include their Vampire * Cemetery* Voodoo * French Quarter * Garden District tours Fun Filled Daily and Nightly Tours. Informative, theatrical and lots of fun!!–10 minutes from Mansion. "Do not miss these tours!" –Travel Channel.
Bloody Mary's Tours – New Orleans only Moonlight Graveyard Walks. GREAT! Bloody Mary is our Celebrity Cultural Diva –Many may think of her as the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans with her impeccable command of magic history and spellbinding barbeque delivery, blending in her healing and psychic gifts on top you end up delving into a mysterious Gumbo–entranced all the while, with fun and spice sprinkled on top! She can even offer you a haunted evening cemetery tour–the only one allowed in town.
She and her tour company guide the celebrities and VIP’s all through the underground history and mystery Of New Orleans. My guests and friends, as well as I consider her the ultimate insider of New Orleans.
Plus you can see her currently on nearly 100 documentaries about New Orleans Ghosts, Voodoo and Marie Laveau, the vampire and of course New Orleans cemeteries–from History Channel to MTV, CNN to Discovery she will just keep haunting you even after your stay with us in New Orleans. Make sure you are privileged enough to see her ghost photography and let her give you a few "How To's" in that subject– she has some from Magnolia mansion too!!
So whether you join her for her many infamous open public tours, perhaps are lucky enough to book a customized private outing as perhaps a paranormal adventure –or even hire her to zap up an incredible Ghostly Gala or Conjure Ball–you will be mesmerized, and we are one of her favorite locations to investigate and Soiree in! Check out www.bloodymarystours.com and book direst or ask us to customize an entire package for you!
Haunting memories of New Orleans will linger with you forever when you do!
Historic New Orleans Walking Tours, Inc. – (504) 947–2120 Cemetery, French Quarter, Voodoo, Garden District, and Haunted tours led by Robert Florence, author of "New Orleans Cemeteries," and the city's most outstanding guides. Their approach is non–sensationalized and highly accuracy–oriented, which proves that in New Orleans the truth is truly stranger than fiction. Part of the tour proceeds is dedicated to historic tomb restoration.
Join author Robert Florence and the city’s most qualified guides for an accurate, enjoyable presentation of New Orleans’ most intriguing sites and traditions. Garden District/ Cemetery tours, Cemetery/Voodoo, French Quarter History Tour, Haunted French Quarter Walk.
No visit to New Orleans is complete without a tour of the city's oldest outdoor museums, its historic cemeteries. Often called CITIES OF THE DEAD, these cemeteries are noted for their unique, aboveground tombs. The tombs serve as monuments to the eighteenth, nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, and they, like the cemeteries themselves, are a major part of the city's unique heritage.
Save Our Cemeteries, Inc. offers authentic, accurate guided tours through two of New Orleans' oldest and most historically significant cemeteries, Lafayette No. 1 and St. Louis No. 1. Relive the romance, the tragedy, and the memories of two centuries of New Orleans' history, brought to life by representatives of Save Our Cemeteries, Inc." Courtesy of Save our Cemeteries"
Lafayette Cemetery No 1: It is located in the historic Garden District. It is among the city's earliest and most significant aboveground burial sites. Once part of the Livaudais Plantation, Lafayette No. 1 was designated a city burial site in 1833, and has since been in continuous use. Distinguished by its intersecting avenues, designed to accommodate funeral processions, it was the City's first planned cemetery. Placed on the National Register of Historic Places by virtue of its significant history, location, and architectural importance, it retains its original size and configuration, and contains a variety of tomb types and styles. The cemetery is bounded by Washington Avenue, Prytania Street, 6th Street, and Coliseum Street.
Old Algiers Point Walking Tour –See the "other side of the river" on this one–of–a–kind historical tour! Awesome.
Cajun Pride Tours – "As seen on the Travel channel’s "MOST HOUNTRD PLACES" and filmed by MTV! Tour the Legendary Manchac Swamp, Closest to the Plantations. Rated 5 Stars! Swamp and Plantation tour Combos available. Highly recommended.
Airboat Swamp Tours of New Orleans – Come pass a good time in the swamps of Bayou Country – VERY EXCITING
Carriage Tours (Horse & Buggy Drawn Carriage) Royal Carriages – Great guided Tours on a romantic carriage ride through the Garden District, French Quarter or Faubourg Marigny –VERY ROMANTIC
Mid City Carriages Rides and Tours – Great for weddings and more. Cinderella’s Pumpkin Carriage for Bride and Groom pulled by 4 white horses or Trolley Carriage for Bridal Party and Family (seats 12–20) Authentic 1879 horse drawn hearse used for funerals – VERY ROMANTIC.
Travel Tips & News Page
BEST FLIGHTS TO NEW ORLEANS
SOUTHWEST AIRLINES & JETBLUE ARE FAVORITES ... GREAT RATES & FLIGHT TIMES
ALWAYS Check the weather a few days before travel www.weather.com so that you pack proper clothing accordingly.
For New Orleans MAKE SURE that you pack the following:
- Walking shoes...New Orleans is a walking city, No High Heels Needed.
- Silk or cotton shirts & blouses/pants/socks, underwear etc,...fabric that breaths in Tropical Weather.
- Cell phone & charger.
- Medications & emergency contacts (carry in your carry on case).
- At least one dressy outfit for fine dinning (New Orleans is mostly casual otherwise).
- Pack only what you need! Save some room for all of the great shopping you can do in New Orleans.
- Don't forget your toothbrush & toothpaste!
EXPERIENCED TRAVELERS ALWAYS DO THE FOLLOWING:
- ALWAYS Call the Hotel or Bed & Breakfast to confirm check in times, policies, amenities, reservation and give approximate arrival time.
- ALWAYS Tip a minimum of $1 per person/ per day staying in room, for housekeeping...leave on the nightstand by the bed at the end of your stay.
- ALWAYS Tip the concierge or host on duty for assisting you with your plans, reservations, cabs etc.
- ALWAYS Carry a small shoulder bag purse that you carry the bare essentials & only one credit card, ID and a little cash.
- ALWAYS Take a sandwich or snack with you on your flights